From: Tom Koelman <tkoelman@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: MIME attachment not shown
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 17:28:29 +0100	[thread overview]

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> Start with...
> (setq gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types nil)
> ...and then finding out what clickable buttons result.

it results in an extra line in front of the plain text:

1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html

which wasn't there without gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types set to nil. I
started to inspect the raw text of the mail and discoverd the
following.

In the header I see

which I guess means that the multipart/alternative bit can be
extracted from the message by splitting on the lines containing
----=_NextPart_000_0013_01BF4892.DC4815C0

This line is in the message three times, which I think would split
this mime-part in two. Looking at the message, the second part would
be the image I am after, the first part is a multipart in itself,
which I conclude from the "NextPart" splitter in the actual message:

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BF4892.DC4815C0

This "NextPart...14" splitter is there three times, thereby splitting
the first mimepart in the message into two: a plain text and a html
version of the same text.

So, my guess is that Gnus correctly detects the first mime-part, and
after detecting that it can choose whether to display the HTML or the
plain text. Due to my preferences it displays the plain text and
normally just ignores the HTML, which is correct.
The second mime-part however, containing the image is skipped al
together. Is this a bug in the message, in Gnus or am I talking
complete gibberish?

Thanks, Tom