* bookmark question
@ 1999-10-06  9:38 psadhukhan
From: psadhukhan @ 1999-10-06  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
Is there a way where I can book mark a mail and then go back to it
later.
I saw M-b on the menu but it never gave me any message saying it
worked or not.
Even if i mark it how do i jump to it?
Thanks and Regards
prateek

  *** There is never a can or a can't but always a will or a won't ***
Prateek Sadhukhan, [Software Engineer],
Hughes Software Systems Ltd.,INDIA.[Off.Tel.:+91-124-346666(Ext:2924)].

* Re: bookmark question
@ 1999-10-06 10:17 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-10-06 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

psadhukhan@hss.hns.com writes:

> Is there a way where I can book mark a mail and then go back to it
> later.  I saw M-b on the menu but it never gave me any message
> saying it worked or not.  Even if i mark it how do i jump to it?

The relevant section in the manual is this:

,-----
|    * You can set a bookmark in the current article.  Say you are
|      reading a long thesis on cats' urinary tracts, and have to go home
|      for dinner before you've finished reading the thesis.  You can
|      then set a bookmark in the article, and Gnus will jump to this
|      bookmark the next time it encounters the article.  *Note Setting
|      Marks::.
`-----

Sounds like it's a way to find a spot in the current article, not a
way to find an article.

I suggest that you tick the message with `!' or `u' (same thing).
This way, you still have to remember which group it was in, but...

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: bookmark question
@ 1999-10-06 16:22   ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-10-06 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

KG> I suggest that you tick the message with `!' or `u' (same thing).
KG> This way, you still have to remember which group it was in, but...

Wouldn't it really be cool to use the Emacs bookmark functionality with
Gnus?  Obviously, the articles would have to be marked (dormant or ticked)
and bookmark would need to be updated to understand that when an article is
selected that Gnus must be run to get at the article.  Bookmark already
does this for Info articles.

Probably more hassle than it is worth.

--
Jack Vinson