From: Thomas Hippensteele <thippen@aloha.net>
Subject: Re: Double mail download, v5.8.4
Date: 21 Apr 2000 11:38:19 -1000	[thread overview]

Hello Shenghuo; thanks for the fast reply.

    Thomas> Now, suddenly, when I start Gnus it writes all of my mail
    Thomas> to the crashbox.  I have to restart it to get the mail
    Thomas> from there to the nnmail folders.

    ZSH> What is the name of the crashbox?  By default, it should be
    ZSH> the value of mail-source-crash-box
    ZSH> ("~/.emacs-mail-crash-box").

Yes, this is the crashbox it goes to.

    ZSH> Are you sure there is no error
    ZSH> message after downloading?

None go to the status buffer, and I don't see any Messages.

    ZSH>  What is the value of
    ZSH> nnml-get-new-mail?

It is true.

Here are some Messages and Traces:

---------------------------

Messages, 1st time:

Reading active file from news.aloha.net via nntp...
Reading active file from mail.aloha.net via nnml...
nnml: Reading incoming mail from pop...
Retrieving message 1 of 3 from mail.aloha.net...
Wrote c:/usr/home/.emacs-mail-crash-box
Retrieving message 2 of 3 from mail.aloha.net...
Wrote c:/usr/home/.emacs-mail-crash-box
Retrieving message 3 of 3 from mail.aloha.net...
Wrote c:/usr/home/.emacs-mail-crash-box
nnml: Reading incoming mail (no new mail)...done
Reading active file from mail.aloha.net via nnml...
Reading active file from mail.aloha.net via nnml...done
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Checking new news...

;;;;;;;;Trace of POP session, 1st time:

+OK QPOP (version 3.0b22) at leka.aloha.net starting.
+OK Password required for thippen.
+OK thippen has 3 messages (7630 octets).
+OK 3 7630
+OK Message follows
.
+OK Message 1 has been deleted.
+OK Message follows
.
+OK Message 2 has been deleted.
+OK Message follows
.
+OK Message 3 has been deleted.
+OK Pop server at leka.aloha.net signing off.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Messages, 2nd time:

Checking new news...done
Mark set [2 times]
Reading active file from news.aloha.net via nntp...
Reading active file from mail.aloha.net via nnml...
nnml: Reading incoming mail from pop...
Processing mail from ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box...
Wrote c:/usr/home/Mail/mail/DingList/4085
Wrote c:/usr/home/Mail/mail/DingList/4086
Wrote c:/usr/home/Mail/mail/DingList/4087
nnml: Reading incoming mail (3 new)...done
Reading active file from mail.aloha.net via nnml...
Reading active file from mail.aloha.net via nnml...done
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Checking new news...
Opening nndoc server on gnus-help...

Checking new news...done

;;;;;;;;Trace of Pop session, 2nd time: