From: Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>
Subject: Re: Using epopmail for nnmail-movemail-program
Date: 03 Nov 1998 09:06:23 -0600	[thread overview]

JA> I integrated my remote POP mailboxes to epop3 too and I get similar
JA> errors from time to time. I have not yet figured out what cauises it.
JA> I just lay low for a while and try to connect later and then it works.
JA> It may very well be a problem with POP server.

I thought this might be the case too, but when I use movemail as my
nnmail-movemail-program there are no problems.  I can type ahaed my
POP password before emacs asks for it, and I can hit movement keys while my
messages are being downloaded.

Franklin Lee thought there might be some special keystroke handling
routines in Gnus that were killing epop.  Is it possible?  Movemail is an
external program and epop is written entirely in elisp and could be
interacting strangely with some other settings.

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: ..  are the STEWED PRUNES still in the HAIR DRYER?