* problems with multiple evals of gnus-agentize
@ 2001-06-29 14:08 Sriram Karra
From: Sriram Karra @ 2001-06-29 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the following sequence in my .gnus

/----[boxquote 1]
| (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
| (gnus-agentize)
\----

During a typical session, I re-eval my .gnus multiple times.
gnus-agentize does not seem to like it.  Or atleast it got me
confused as follows.

The first time I start gnus with gnus-unplugged, life is good.
message-send-mail-function gets set to smtpmail-send-it first, and
then gnus-agentize changes it to gnus-agent-send-mail.

However, the second time I eval .gnus, gnus-agentize does not touch
message-send-mail-function because of the following code:

/----[boxquote 2]
|   (unless gnus-agent-send-mail-function
|     (setq gnus-agent-send-mail-function message-send-mail-function
|           message-send-mail-function 'gnus-agent-send-mail))
\----

A temporary hack of inserting a
(setq gnus-agent-send-mail-function nil) into the ... of [boxquote 1]
does the trick, but does this not deserve a cleaner solution? (that
variale is not even documented).

-karra

--
All's well that ends.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-06-29 14:08 UTC | newest]