* not forward html part?
@ 2007-08-23 20:16 Michael
From: Michael @ 2007-08-23 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi, as you know, some people wrote emails in an "intelligent" mailer that
sends out both a plain text and an HTML part.  Gnus would only show the
plain text which is not problem.

When I forward these emails though, both parts are forwarded.  How can I
strip off the HTML part and only forward the text?

Thanks

Michael

* Re: not forward html part?
@ 2007-08-23 23:09 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-08-23 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Hi, as you know, some people wrote emails in an "intelligent" mailer that
> sends out both a plain text and an HTML part.  Gnus would only show the
> plain text which is not problem.

> When I forward these emails though, both parts are forwarded.  How can I
> strip off the HTML part and only forward the text?

How about using the `C-d' command (in the summary buffer) that
divides such a mail into parts?

* Re: not forward html part?
@ 2007-09-06  5:36   ` Michael
From: Michael @ 2007-09-06  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 23 Aug 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> > Hi, as you know, some people wrote emails in an "intelligent" mailer that
> > sends out both a plain text and an HTML part.  Gnus would only show the
> > plain text which is not problem.
>
> > When I forward these emails though, both parts are forwarded.  How can I
> > strip off the HTML part and only forward the text?
>
> How about using the `C-d' command (in the summary buffer) that
> divides such a mail into parts?

Thanks for telling me the command.  It was not obvious to me what it does
until I tried it.

It does help so I can select which part to forward.  But how about if I want
to forward more than one part (i.e., also including the attachment?)

Michael

* Re: not forward html part?
@ 2007-09-06  6:41     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-09-06  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> Hi, as you know, some people wrote emails in an "intelligent" mailer that
>>> sends out both a plain text and an HTML part.  Gnus would only show the
>>> plain text which is not problem.
>>
>>> When I forward these emails though, both parts are forwarded.  How can I
>>> strip off the HTML part and only forward the text?
>>
>> How about using the `C-d' command (in the summary buffer) that
>> divides such a mail into parts?

> Thanks for telling me the command.  It was not obvious to me what it does
> until I tried it.

> It does help so I can select which part to forward.  But how about if I want
> to forward more than one part (i.e., also including the attachment?)

In any group, including the nndoc-group (in which there are
divided parts), mark articles that you want to forward by typing
the `#' key, and then type `C-c C-f' (or `S o m').  Any part
that looks as follows can be deleted after composing a message
buffer.

<#mml type=message/rfc822>

[...]

<#/mml>

You can also delete even the `<#multipart type=digest>' tag at
the beginning of a message body, and the `<#/multipart>' tag at
the end.

In addition, I recommend using the `C-c C-m P' (or `M-x
mml-preview') command before sending a message in order to check
whether it will be encoded properly.  If given a prefix argument,
it shows an encoded message in the raw form.

* Re: not forward html part?
@ 2007-09-07 17:07       ` Michael
From: Michael @ 2007-09-07 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On  6 Sep 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> Any part
> that looks as follows can be deleted after composing a message
> buffer.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1 bytes --]

> You can also delete even the `

' tag at
> the beginning of a message body, and the `

> the end.

I was hoping some automatic way of doing this.  If not at the time of
composing the buffer, perhaps a function to delete it afterward.  The HTML
code can be quite long (i.e., from Outlook) and is nauseous to even look at.

Thanks,

Michael

* Re: not forward html part?
@ 2007-09-10  8:38         ` Katsumi Yamaoka