From: jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu (Jack Vinson)
Subject: Re: Creating and subscirbing to goups. Sgnus 0.26
Date: 10 Jan 1996 08:59:12 -0500	[thread overview]

AE> Today I discovered I wanted to subscribe to a killed group from my
AE> local newsserver. Well lets go, A k, find the groups, type u for those
AE> I want.

AE> The letter at the left border changed to a blank from K, well I press
AE> 'l' to get back to the normal group view, no sign of the newly
AE> subscribed groups... nothing in the zombie buffer, and no new
AE> groups when I press 'L'.

Yes, I've seen this too.  Are you using Topic, by any chance?  It looks
like the group gets stuck in limbo if you do not move it explicitly into a
topic.  Actually, it gets stuck in the Gnus root topic even though it
doesn't always show up there.  Try toggling back to regular Group mode and
see if the new groups aren't at the bottom of the group listing.  Toggle
back, and they should be under the Gnus topic and you can enter or move
them as you see fit.

So, the problem is that in Topic mode newly subscribed groups do not remain
in the Group listing on running gnus-group-list(-all)-groups.

--
Jack Vinson                   jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
"Narf!" - Pinky               <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>