* GNUS Extraction on NT
@ 1996-05-26  6:47 Shane Holder
From: Shane Holder @ 1996-05-26  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

sgnus:.93
emacs: 19.30.104 (19.31 pre-release)

Is anyone using GNUS on NT?  If so, I'd like to know if you've got
article extraction working, and how you configured Emacs/NT.

GNUS uses sh -c "command" to extract stuff (gnus-uu-uustrip-article),
and I'm using bash for sh, but things didn't work.  I made some mods
so it would use cmd.exe instead, but still no luck.

I haven't been able to track it down specifically, but I think it may
be a problem with emacs starting subprocesses that accept input from
stdin, the uudecode process seems to get started, but immediately
exits, and running the same command from a shell prompt works.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Shane

P.S. 19.31 was released today if you're interested.

--
Shane Holder                                 e-mail: holder@rsn.hp.com
Hewlett Packard                               phone:     (214)497-4182

* Re: GNUS Extraction on NT
@ 1996-05-26 20:22 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-05-26 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

SH> Is anyone using GNUS on NT?  If so, I'd like to know if you've got
SH> article extraction working, and how you configured Emacs/NT.

What is article extraction?

I've used the gnus that comes with 19.30 (gnus 5.10?) on an NT box and it
has worked just fine.  Of course, you need tcp program which I found
somewhere on the 'net (tcp.exe).  There is also nttcp available on the
ntemacs Web page somewhere:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html

I just set tcp-program-name to the location of this file and am all set.

--
Jack Vinson                       jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
Sunderland, MA                    <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>