From: jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu (Jack Vinson)
Subject: Re: Switching to Adaptive Scoring
Date: 16 Dec 1995 13:05:24 -0500	[thread overview]

JV> Hasn't anyone else found that adaptive scoring does not work properly
JV> when scoring subjects?

JLT> Yep.  The score trace shows that an ADAPT entry is made for the
JLT> subject but that it doesn't have any effect on the score.

Even more interesting.  If you manage to get an adaptive entry and then
come back to the group and score the original article as if it had not been
read, then it will be correctly scored.  It's children will not.  This has
me convinced that the algorithm which strips the "Re: " from subject
strings is not doing exactly what we would like.

--
Jack Vinson                                                  Sunderland, MA
jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu    <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>