* Sorting some groups differently...
@ 1996-03-12 20:49 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-03-12 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to sort the summary buffer of some groups differently
than the others, I seem to remember that the solution were in the
group parameters, but how?

	/andy

--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you.
 Don't walk after me, I might be unable to lead you.

* Re: Sorting some groups differently...
@ 1996-03-13 14:08 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-03-13 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

AE> I would like to sort the summary buffer of some groups differently
AE> than the others, I seem to remember that the solution were in the
AE> group parameters, but how?

Nope.  You need to change the gnus-thread-sort-functions variable on entry
to the group.  Read the docs on the variable.  I do it in the
gnus-summary-generate-hook.  The basic set up look something like this:

(defun jmv-gnus-prepare-groups ()
            ;; My mail groups, sort by date and score
      (cond ((string-match "nnbabyl:mail" gnus-newsgroup-name)
	     (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-date
						gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score)
		   ))
	    ;; My personal archives, sort by subject
	    ((string-match "nnfolder:archive" gnus-newsgroup-name)
	     (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-subject)
		   ))
	    ;; The Gnus outgoing mail/news archives, sort by date
	    ((string-match "nnfolder+archive" gnus-newsgroup-name)
	     (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-date)
		   ))
	    ;; Gnus draft group, sort by date
	    ((string-match "nndraft" gnus-newsgroup-name)
	     (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-date)
		   ))
	    ;; All the rest (nntp), sort by subject and score
	    (t
	     (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-subject
						gnus-thread-sort-by-total-score)
		   ))
	    )
)