* gnus-topic-yank-group
@ 1995-11-30 19:45 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1995-11-30 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys

[Message posted to the mailing list and to the Bugfixing Girls & Boys]

September Gnus v0.16; nntp 4.0; nnbabyl 1.0; nnfolder 1.0
GNU Emacs 19.29.1 (mips-dec-ultrix4.4) of Fri Jun 23 1995 on cheux.ecs.umass.edu

This function does not work for yanking Groups.  It appears that it keeps a
list of Topics in its Yank buffer even after the topic has been yanked.
The result is that when I've killed and yanked Topics and then want to move
a group it fails in Topic mode.  Fortunately, if I toggle Topic-Mode off I
am permitted to yank the group I just killed in Topic-Mode.

I assume the fix is to simply pop the Topic off the
gnus-topic-killed-topics list, but it looks like Gnus is already doing
that.  Strange.

I think I know how it happened.  Since I am able to kill a topic and
get it back with gnus-group-list-groups, the topic must never get popped
off the killed topic list.  I'm not sure of the best way to fix this
though.  I suspect that gnus-group-list-groups shouldn't really bring
topics back, but for now it is the only way to get the topics sorted the
way I want.

--
   __o __o     __o     __o __o     __o  Jack Vinson
 _`\<_`\<_   _`\<_   _`\<_`\<_   _`\<_  Captain Jack - Purple Puddle Eater

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-11-30 19:45 UTC | newest]