* 0.56 major nnfolder bug?
@ 1996-03-23  3:11 d. hall
From: d. hall @ 1996-03-23  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
			``Our love is like water
			  Pinned down and abused
			     For being strange''

				~ live, all over you

* Re: 0.56 major nnfolder bug?
@ 1996-03-25  8:32 ` Hans de Graaff
From: Hans de Graaff @ 1996-03-25  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Gnus List

dhall@illusion.apk.net (d. hall) writes:

> What happens is when I select a nnfolder newsgroup, it basically
> does a catchup.  Only once did I get it to select the nnfolder group
> correctly (i.e. I selected a normal newsgroups and then went to
> select an nnfolder one) but after that each consectutive call to
> open an nnfolder group did a catchup.  Can anyone reproduce this?

Unfortunatly, yes. However, so far I've only seen this on one
folder. All the others work fine.

I've also noted lines in my active file like:

nil 0 1 y

I've checked, and in my case the articles are still in the folder, but
so far I haven't been able to get them back into Gnus.

Hans
--
Hans de Graaff                              J.J.deGraaff@TWI.TUDelft.NL
Delft University of Technology        Department of Information Systems

* Re: 0.56 major nnfolder bug?
@ 1996-03-25 18:26 ` Jason Schroeder
From: Jason Schroeder @ 1996-03-25 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: d. hall

I have observed this catchup behaviour as well with my nnfolder groups.

Jason

   From: dhall@illusion.apk.net (d. hall)
   Date: 22 Mar 1996 22:11:27 -0500

   Okay at first I thought it was my setup, and now I'm beginning to wonder.
   I've sent email to Lars, but I want to know if this bug can be
   reconstructed.  It's potentially very dangerous since it clears (catchups)
   all nnfolders as you select them.  I did a relatively clean gnus startup
   with a min.el file.

   Most of the changes had to do with file variables and the split methods.