* message/rfc822 again
@ 1998-10-28 18:11 Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1998-10-28 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

how do I tell gnus to always inline message/rfc822 parts?

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>

* Re: message/rfc822 again
@ 1998-11-07 13:28 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-07 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:

> how do I tell gnus to always inline message/rfc822 parts?

There is no function to inline these parts.  I guess one could prepare
it in one buffer, and then copy it over to the article buffer...

* Re: message/rfc822 again
@ 1998-11-09 16:09   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1998-11-09 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> how do I tell gnus to always inline message/rfc822 parts?

Lars> There is no function to inline these parts.  I guess one could
Lars> prepare it in one buffer, and then copy it over to the article
Lars> buffer...

I think there is a lot of people that would like these inlined (myself
included)...

Even if it didn't do mime breaking (which it should be able to,
however), I'd prefer to see the text show up in the article buffer.
The current method of creating a new article buffer, which replaces
the current buffer (ie, usually the summary buffer when using '3 b')
is a complete annoyance...

Ahem...  Sorry...
--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: message/rfc822 again
@ 1998-11-11  2:44     ` Harald Meland
From: Harald Meland @ 1998-11-11  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Wes Hardaker]

> >> how do I tell gnus to always inline message/rfc822 parts?
>
> Lars> There is no function to inline these parts.  I guess one could
> Lars> prepare it in one buffer, and then copy it over to the article
> Lars> buffer...
>
> I think there is a lot of people that would like these inlined (myself
> included)...

Yup, as quite a lot of MTAs issue error messages which includes the
original as a message/rfc822 part, any postmaster would likely want to
inline these parts (Well, _I_ would, anyway :).

BTW, I have also wondered whether there is any reason why "2 b" (where
part #2 is a message/rfc822 part) in the summary replaces the summary
buffer with the *mm* buffer?  I would much prefer it if the *mm*
buffer was inlined into the Article buffer in this case.  If inlining
these parts is a no-no for some reason, at least it should be the
article window that should be replaced with the part, not the summary.
--
Harald

* Re: message/rfc822 again
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-13 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harald Meland <Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no> writes:

> BTW, I have also wondered whether there is any reason why "2 b" (where
> part #2 is a message/rfc822 part) in the summary replaces the summary
> buffer with the *mm* buffer?

No.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.43.