* overriding the sender header
@ 2000-01-29 12:59 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2000-01-29 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Platform: Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop, SuSE linux 6.3, Xemacs 20.4, Gnus 5.8.3

Is the envelope header set from the sender: field?  Or is it set by
sendmail?

I've been grepping through the emacs lisp code.

It looks like I have to defadvice message-make-sender or something, to
be able to lose the Sender: header (which I do think is a good idea
anyways, no matter what FAQ Q2.15 says).

Is this a correct assumption or is there a smarter way?  A variable to
set?

The reason I would like to change the envelope header, is that my
laptop has a different network address depending on which network it
is connected to, or if it's connected through a dial up, and the
address it has at the time of a bounce may be a different one that it
had when the message was sent, or it may not be connected at all.

Besides there is the annoyance with listserv.  I would prefer listserv
to subscribe the address in the From: field as set by
gnus-posting-styles.