From: Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Gnus issues with exchange 2003
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:24:31 +0100	[thread overview]

> Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no> writes:
>
>>> Second problem:
>>> On the "tandberg" server, there are lots and lots of shared folders.
>>> Previously, gnus used to find all of them, and I'd deselect them, but
>>> now it finds some 6 or 7 folders in the same subfolder, and nothing
>>> else, most notably my INBOX.
>
> [...]
>
>> Still at a loss here, though.
>
> `^' to the server buffer, and then `RET' on the server in question.
> Does that list all the folders?

No.  A note here is that gnus previously used to bitch and complain
for quite a while on startup (or if I typed 'b' (bogus groups stuff))
with some error messages I can't quite remember, but which indicated
some garbage at end of command on the server's end.

I think it was related to strangely named public folders.  I have now
migrated to a new exchange server (still 2003), and it does not have
lots and lots of strange public folders, and it works just fine.

(They didn't migrate my emails, though, so I'd still like to reach the
old server, but using offlineimap and friends, it's not such a big
deal anymore.)

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no>
PGP ID: 8D436E52