Mark Eichin writes: > On problem: I set gnus-message-archive-group to (lambda(x) (list > "misc-mail" x)) which does the right thing when my mail is in nnml:* > and news is just in news.group.whatever, but when I've got nnml as > the gnus-select-method, and the groups are actually named mail.*, it > ends up building a gcc line pointing to nnfolder+archive:mail.* > instead. I haven't dug around to find out how to deal, but it's > pretty clear that "this isn't how lars does it" or it would be > easier :-) I made a small patch to gnus-msg.el that provides a new group parameter "gcc-self". If this is set to t in a groups's parameter list, the gcc line is always build according to the right group name if you send from inside of this this group. I process all my article saving with this, except for a standart archive server line for misc mail or misc news like: (setq gnus-message-archive-group '((if (message-news-p) "misc-news" "misc-mail"))) If gcc-self is set to none, no gcc line at all appears in this group. I use this for articles gong to mailing lists I,m subscribed to, as my article will come back anyway. A typical group parameter list would be (for ding.ifi.uio.no): ;; Type `C-c C-c' after editing the group parameters. ((gcc-self . none) (to-address . "ding@ifi.uio.no")) And another for some private email: ;; Type `C-c C-c' after editing the group parameters. ((gcc-self . t) (to-address . "LITZLER@KHE.SCN.DE")) I append my patch below, I already sent it to Lars but it will not be integrated (if at all) before Red Gnus.