* Ma Gnus 0.1 suddenly marked every visited group read
@ 2012-02-01 22:53 Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson
From: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson @ 2012-02-01 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Ding

Hi all,

I'm currently using the (now defunct) Ma Gnus 0.1 zip file from the git
website.

Just now every post in a group I visited was marked read immiediately -
that I could tell, it least in my nnmaildir groups..  Trying to unmark
posts did not help, they got marked read as soon as I closed the group
again.

Restarting emacs and hence gnus "fixed" it.

I have no idea what was happening, but thought I'd report it anyway in
case it helps someone later.

Johann

* Re: Ma Gnus 0.1 suddenly marked every visited group read
@ 2012-02-01 23:14 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-02-01 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson; +Cc: Gnus Ding

"Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <myrkraverk@gmx.com> writes:

> Just now every post in a group I visited was marked read immiediately -
> that I could tell, it least in my nnmaildir groups..  Trying to unmark
> posts did not help, they got marked read as soon as I closed the group
> again.

That may be due to the marks cleanup I did last week.  I've now made
Gnus treat nnmaildir as a "server-marks" backend again in both No Gnus
and Ma Gnus.  Could you check whether it works?

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome

* Re: Ma Gnus 0.1 suddenly marked every visited group read
@ 2012-02-02  0:38   ` Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson
From: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson @ 2012-02-02  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Ding

> "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <myrkraverk@gmx.com> writes:
>
>> Just now every post in a group I visited was marked read immiediately
>> - that I could tell, it least in my nnmaildir groups..  Trying to
>> unmark posts did not help, they got marked read as soon as I closed
>> the group again.
>
> That may be due to the marks cleanup I did last week.  I've now made
> Gnus treat nnmaildir as a "server-marks" backend again in both No Gnus
> and Ma Gnus.  Could you check whether it works?

I am not able to reproduce the problem, it just "happened" and then
after C-x C-c and then M-x gnus RET in a new emacs things are working
properly again.

Johann