Hi, after not getting any reply on the bug-gnus list, I asked Lars, and he told me to post here. Problem is that the stuff in gnus-move.el basically seems rotten. For example, the current code will infloop when an article in the `from' server does not have a corresponding article with the same message id on the `to' server: the second looking-at will in that case always stare at the same point. Anyway, it was probably not easy to encounter because the whole stuff was as molasses-slow as to be indistinguishable from inflooping except for quite small groups. So I have rewritten the stuff to be efficient. And it is really efficient like anything. The problem is that the input and output data it tries to be working with does not seem to match the problem. The article numbers corresponding to the message ids do not seem to match the articles fetched. Given the input data, it appears to do what I expect when going through with edebug. But the results of the conversion do not work. The conversion appears to be garbage-in, garbage-out. Not good. Now I don't have enough of a clue about the data structures from news servers and gnus internals to figure out just what the garbage part here is. If somebody could fix it soon, I'd be quite glad: service for my old Usenet server runs out on the 31st, and their payment conditions are such that I am not going to do that (it is not the amount in question, it is basically a password-protected blanket permission to my bank account). I have a substitute, but I really need to get this to work. Thanks a lot.