* Marking a large number of articles as read.
@ 1996-08-29 17:05 Eze Ogwuma
From: Eze Ogwuma @ 1996-08-29 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: zcaceog

Does anyone know how to mark a large number of articles in a
newsgroup, 100+, as read while leaving a few, 5 or so, untouched?

--
Eze Ogwuma

* Re: Marking a large number of articles as read.
@ 1996-08-30  5:11 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-30  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eze Ogwuma <zcaceog@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Does anyone know how to mark a large number of articles in a
> newsgroup, 100+, as read while leaving a few, 5 or so, untouched?

`100 d' will mark the next 100 articles as read...

* Re: Marking a large number of articles as read.
@ 1996-09-04  2:49   ` Eze Ogwuma
From: Eze Ogwuma @ 1996-09-04  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Eze Ogwuma <zcaceog@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know how to mark a large number of articles in a
> > newsgroup, 100+, as read while leaving a few, 5 or so, untouched?
>
> `100 d' will mark the next 100 articles as read...

Thanks Lars,

This will make things easier as I was just going down a group pressing d or k as I went.

Is there a way, using process marks, to mark the articles I want to keep and then operate on the unmarked articles (delete them); or invert the process marks so that those that were marked become unmarked and vice versa? (I suppose one way to achieve this might be to mark all the articles in a group and then unmark those I wanted to keep).

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-04  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eze Ogwuma <zcaceog@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Is there a way, using process marks, to mark the articles I want to
> keep and then operate on the unmarked articles (delete them); or
> invert the process marks so that those that were marked become
> unmarked and vice versa? (I suppose one way to achieve this might be
> to mark all the articles in a group and then unmark those I wanted to
> keep).

There should be a command to invert the process marks.  I've now added
it to the todo list.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen