* Red request: more topic-based commands
@ 1996-03-08  9:56 John Griffith
From: John Griffith @ 1996-03-08  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: griffith

I learned the other day from this list that `M-g' on a topic just
updates groups in that topic.  Nice.

How about something similar for other commands like `l' and `L'?  This
would allow you to show, say, level 3 groups under one topic, but
level 2 groups under other ones.

I don't know what the best key maps would be `(prefix) T l'?
`(perfix) M-l'?  `M-l' and `M-L' are just bound to
downcase-region-or-word which don't make any sense in the group buffer
anyway.  But perhaps `T' commands would fit better with the current
keymap setup.

* Re: Red request: more topic-based commands
@ 1996-03-08 19:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-08 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Griffith <griffith@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> How about something similar for other commands like `l' and `L'?  This
> would allow you to show, say, level 3 groups under one topic, but
> level 2 groups under other ones.

`3 RET' on a topic line will display level three (and better) groups
only.

* Re: Red request: more topic-based commands
@ 1996-03-09 13:40   ` John Griffith
From: John Griffith @ 1996-03-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: griffith

larsi@ifi.uio.no (Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen) writes:
> John Griffith <griffith@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
> > How about something similar for other commands like `l' and `L'?  This
> > would allow you to show, say, level 3 groups under one topic, but
> > level 2 groups under other ones.
>
> `3 RET' on a topic line will display level three (and better) groups
> only.

Well, I had a feeling there must be some way to do this, thanks.

But still, this only gives me groups with unread messages.  Can I get
the `L' effect as well as the `l' one?

Also, is there any way to display groups with just level 3, ie. no
level 2 or 1 groups?

* Re: Red request: more topic-based commands
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-09 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Griffith <griffith@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> But still, this only gives me groups with unread messages.  Can I get
> the `L' effect as well as the `l' one?

I think the default effect is the `L' one, but I could be wrong...

> Also, is there any way to display groups with just level 3, ie. no
> level 2 or 1 groups?

`A l' lists just one level.