* Setting gnus-fetch-old-headers out of gnus-select-group-hook
@ 1996-06-13 16:51 Dave Disser
From: Dave Disser @ 1996-06-13 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I call a function out of gnus-select-group-hook to set quirks for
individual groups.  Gnus seems to behave as if gnus-select-group-hook
is too late for the value of gnus-fetch-old-headers to affect
anything; ie. the behavior I see is appropriate for the PREVIOUS group
I entered, but when I get into the group, the value of
gnus-fetch-old-headers is appropriate.

Also, does nnkiboze work for anyone?

--
Dave Disser
My views may not represent those of Hewlett-Packard Company.

* Re: Setting gnus-fetch-old-headers out of gnus-select-group-hook
@ 1996-06-13 20:20 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-06-13 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Disser <disser@hpsdly.sdd.hp.com> writes:

> I call a function out of gnus-select-group-hook to set quirks for
> individual groups.  Gnus seems to behave as if gnus-select-group-hook
> is too late for the value of gnus-fetch-old-headers to affect
> anything; ie. the behavior I see is appropriate for the PREVIOUS group
> I entered, but when I get into the group, the value of
> gnus-fetch-old-headers is appropriate.

I think `gnus-summary-mode-hook' is probably a better place to do
things like that.