* idea, a token for splits to call shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer
@ 1996-04-28  9:21 Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 1996-04-28  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

It would be nice if some splits, notably the summary buffer when an article is
showing would be minimized by calling shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer
after doing the normal splitting.

One disadvantage It might be hard to predict where the extra space would end
up.  The obvious implementation might be inadequate in this regard, maybe Gnus
shouldn't use shrink-if... but instead check window-height directly when
calculating window heights.

greg

* Re: idea, a token for splits to call shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer
@ 1996-04-28 12:57 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-04-28 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:

> It would be nice if some splits, notably the summary buffer when an
> article is showing would be minimized by calling
> shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer after doing the normal
> splitting.

Well, I don't know.  Sounds like much work with not extremely much to
be gained.  The resize function would have to be called after every
operation, because some commands alter the number of lines in each
buffer.  (`^' in the summary buffer, `G m' in the group buffer, and so
on.)