* Delete articles in mail folders
@ 1996-06-13 14:02 Jens Lautenbacher
From: Jens Lautenbacher @ 1996-06-13 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys

In mail folders, the toolbar offers the possibility to delete
articles. I don't know if this is a Good Thing to do. The whole of
gnus is quite strong about making sure that nothing will be
accidentally deleted. But this function wipes articles away forever
and without confirmation by one simple klick.

How difficult would it be to push the articles to be deleted into a
list and kill them on leaving of the group? So one could make some
sort of "undelete" while inside the group by just clearing the marks
of the article (this function would have to take care of removing the
article out of the delete-list of course).

On the other hand: by having a expiry function and the possibility to
set expiry-wait to immediate one could argue if we need another
delete mechanism at all.

By the way: Why are the toolbars for nntp and mail folders that much
different? Most of the nntp toolbar functions could be used quite well
in mail groups either, so maybe it would be better to just add some
icons there.

And last:
The function gnus-get-mail seems to be not implemented (pressing the
toolbar button in mail groups)

Cheers,
	Jens

* Re: Delete articles in mail folders
@ 1996-06-13 20:17 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-06-13 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jens Lautenbacher <jens@lemcbed.lem.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> In mail folders, the toolbar offers the possibility to delete
> articles. I don't know if this is a Good Thing to do. The whole of
> gnus is quite strong about making sure that nothing will be
> accidentally deleted. But this function wipes articles away forever
> and without confirmation by one simple klick.

I think I'll remove that button.

> By the way: Why are the toolbars for nntp and mail folders that much
> different? Most of the nntp toolbar functions could be used quite well
> in mail groups either, so maybe it would be better to just add some
> icons there.

Yup.