* Picons oddities
@ 1996-05-20 19:54 Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-05-20 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

The hostname is parsed oddly resulting in weird icons being displayed:

mpt95aes@pt.hk-r.se  Shows Portugal (.pt)
someon@cs.somewhere.edu Shows Czechoslovakia (.cs)

Following the ``Simple''instructions in the manual results in a
little frame being overlayed on the upper right corner of the primary
Gnus frame.  The *Picons* frame is large enough to be larger than the
*Summary* buffer, and since it is right aligned (as good a place as
any) it totally obscures the scrollbar when the scrollbar is on the
right.  This is not a good default -- the frame should be moved enough
pixels to the left to let the Scrollbar be visible.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Picons oddities
@ 1996-05-21 10:17 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-05-21 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> Following the ``Simple''instructions in the manual results in a
> little frame being overlayed on the upper right corner of the primary
> Gnus frame.  The *Picons* frame is large enough to be larger than the
> *Summary* buffer, and since it is right aligned (as good a place as
> any) it totally obscures the scrollbar when the scrollbar is on the
> right.  This is not a good default -- the frame should be moved enough
> pixels to the left to let the Scrollbar be visible.

Well, the spec is just:

	       (vertical ((height . 5) (width . 15)
			  (user-position . t)
			  (left . -1) (top . 1))

The position and size of any other frames isn't taken into
consideration at all.  Perhaps the frame should be given a name like
"Picons" and then the position could be overridden by the X resources
or something?  Or is `user-position' given higher priority than the
resources?  Hm.  Probably.