* Mulitiple personalities?
@ 1999-07-09 19:07 Graham Todd
From: Graham Todd @ 1999-07-09 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know there are really neat ways of using Group customize (and maybe
BBDB) to customize how one replies to particular senders and articles
in particular groups but is there a way to quickly and interactively
switch between different sets of headers?

There's a VM package called "Personality Crisis":

http://student.uq.edu.au/~s323140/pcrisis/

that does something like this. I think some of the main stream PC
applications use the concept of "personality" as well.

The way this usually works is that one selects e-mail "personalities"
like Work, Home, School which then inserts different sets of From,
Reply-to, Gcc headers and signature lines into a outgoing messages
based on the selected profile or "personality" (the Sender line
wouldn't change of course). There's a default but pressing a key would
pop up a list of "personalities" to choose from before sending (or
before composing) the message.

I suppose "personalities" could just be a "list of lists" of various
headers that could set up in a customize buffer somehow ... or maybe
the VM Personality Crisis package would be easy to "port" to work with
Gnus.

OTOH perhaps there is simple lisp that would implement this feature
already.

--
Graham Todd

* Re: Mulitiple personalities?
@ 1999-07-09 19:14 ` Graham Todd
From: Graham Todd @ 1999-07-09 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Graham> I know there are really neat ways of using Group customize
    Graham> (and maybe BBDB) to customize how one replies to
    Graham> particular senders and articles in particular groups but
    Graham> is there a way to quickly and interactively switch between
    Graham> different sets of headers?

I think gnus-posting-styles will do what I want.  I suppose there's
still room for an easy interface to it ...

Thanks Jack,

--
Graham Todd