From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no>
Subject: Re: Patch for async fetch munging articles bug
Date: 31 Jul 1996 12:59:56 +0200	[thread overview]

Sudish Joseph <sudish@mindspring.com> writes:

> The problem is basically in #'nntp-process-filter, which assumes that
> by searching -backwards- from the end for the wait-for'ed string, it
> won't skip over other instances of the same string.  However, multiple
> replies can pour in by the time that filter kicks in.  (I'm not too
> sure about that last statement, it only seems to happen for the very
> first group you visit.)

I don't think that should happen.  The prefetching is serialized, and
the only thing that happens on that particular connection is the
article prefetch...

But I've also seen odd things happening, but whenever I edebug to try
to see what's going on, everything works perfectly.

Anyways, I think I'll rewrite the nntp function that currently uses
process filters to use `after-change-function' instead.  That'll
probably be more efficient and will produce less garbage strings.

> PS: For a gnus-reopen-all-connections command, does it suffice to
> delete all process buffers in nntp-connection-alist?

Yup.