* precedence of score files
@ 1996-06-20 23:08 Dave Disser
From: Dave Disser @ 1996-06-20 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a specific rule of precedence for score files?  I'm using
bnews-style score files, so "comp.sys.mac.system", will, on my gnus,
use "comp.all.SCORE", "comp.sys.SCORE", etc.  I would e\bx\bp\be\bc\bt\b
gnus to load least-specific first, ie.

	all.SCORE
		blacklist.SCORE (included from all.SCORE)
	comp.SCORE
		adapt.SCORE (included from comp.SCORE)
	comp.sys.mac.SCORE
	comp.sys.mac.system.SCORE
	comp.sys.mac.system.ADAPT

In this case, I could override settings in all.SCORE from, say,
adapt.SCORE.  What I'm seeing is that adapt.SCORE's settings for mark,
expunge, orphan, etc. are being overridden by all.SCORE, which hardly
seems appropriate.

What is the load order for score files?  Should it be different?

--Dave

* Re: precedence of score files
@ 1996-06-21  6:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-06-21  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Disser <disser@hpsdly.sdd.hp.com> writes:

> Is there a specific rule of precedence for score files?

Nope.  This is on the Red Gnus todo list, though.