Hi, I recently noticed that nnmaildir.el contains Emacs-specific code, namely calls to `write-region' where the seventh argument is used with the semantics of "mustbenew", e.g.: (write-region (point-min) (point-max) file nil 'no-message nil 'excl) On XEmacs however, the seventh argument is "coding-system". Consequently, a call as above results in the error message "No such coding system: excl" on XEmacs. Attached is a patch which fixes the problem for me. Greetings -- Michael Piotrowski, M.A. Public key at