* sgnus 0.52 -- M-g doesn't quite work
@ 1996-03-12 15:09 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-03-12 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hitting M-g in the nnml:mail.misc group (say) doesn't get mail from
nnmail-spool-file.

Hitting M-g in the *Group* buffer on the nnml:mail.misc line doesn't,
either.

nnml:mail.misc is the only group with level 1, all other mail groups
are level 2, nntp groups are level 3.  Hitting `1 g' in the *Group*
buffer also doesn't read mail from nnmail-spool-file, but `2 g' reads
mail from the procmail spool files (but not from nnmail-spool-file!).

I have nnmail-use-procmail set to t.

IMVHO there should be a way of reading mail from nnmail-spool-file
other than `g' in the *Group* buffer.  What do you think about the
following:  When M-g is hit in any group, the nnmail-spool-file is
read and subjected to the normal splitting process.  Also, the
procmail spool file is processed, if one exists.  This would possibly
put mail into additional groups but would not require one to hit `g'.

Whatcha think?

        kai
--
~/.signature

* Re: sgnus 0.52 -- M-g doesn't quite work
@ 1996-03-13 19:11 ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1996-03-13 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

This may be slightly off topic, but why does point move down after M-g
completes? After all, if I go to the trouble of asking for new
news/mail for a particular group, chances are I want to read that
group soon.

In fact, I think an argument could be made that M-g should enter the
group after completion (or this aspect made user-configurable). At the
least I think point should not move down.

What do others think? Comments?

  -mb-

* Re: sgnus 0.52 -- M-g doesn't quite work
@ 1996-03-14  5:34   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-14  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Borges <mdb@cdc.noaa.gov> writes:

> This may be slightly off topic, but why does point move down after M-g
> completes?

If you don't like that, then just set
`gnus-goto-next-group-when-activating' to nil.