* Overwriting files when saving instead of appending to a file?
@ 1996-09-24  7:00 Kees de Bruin
From: Kees de Bruin @ 1996-09-24  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

When saving articles that use the `Archive-Name' to determine the name of
the file used to save to, I would like to be able to overwrite any existing
files before the current article is saved. This has its use for FAQ files
where it is used most of the time. Is there a way of doing this or should I
write my own save function?

Kind regards,

Kees de Bruin.

--
 _      _ _
| | ___| | |_   Kees de Bruin              mailto: kees_de_bruin@tasking.nl
| |/ / _ | _ \
|_|\_\___|___/  Tasking Software BV, The Netherlands, tel. +31-33-455 85 84

Acting is the expression of a neurotic impulse. It's a bum's like.
Quitting acting, that's a sign of maturity                   -Marlon Brando

* Re: Overwriting files when saving instead of appending to a file?
@ 1996-09-24 18:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-24 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

kees_de_bruin@tasking.nl (Kees de Bruin) writes:

> When saving articles that use the `Archive-Name' to determine the name of
> the file used to save to, I would like to be able to overwrite any existing
> files before the current article is saved. This has its use for FAQ files
> where it is used most of the time. Is there a way of doing this or should I
> write my own save function?

I think you have to write your own save function to do this.