* Changing 'primary' server, in an easy way!
@ 1996-04-22  6:50 Andrew Eskilsson
From: Andrew Eskilsson @ 1996-04-22  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am thinking of changing my local (non foreign) server, now when
they have it up and running here at school, it would be easy to just
change the select-method to nntp "new server", but the problem is that
the old server carries groups the new doesn't carry.

So I thought if you could convert the local server to foreign
group-entries, and then changing the select method, by this way I can
easily catch up on whats new on the new server, the groups that are
fed ok I just delete from the old server, and keep the ones missing.

Any comments?

	/andy

p.s. BTW why do we distinguish between foreign and 'local' servers,
why not do all servers (groups) 'foreign'?

--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you.
 Don't walk after me, I might be unable to lead you.