* nntp reading:......
@ 1996-09-23  9:47 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-09-23  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

The nntp reading message is nifty good so you can keep track of whats
happening, but what happens when the dots extend the length of the
minibuffer? Would it be possible to print a number instead, and maybe
a rough estimation of the speed so I can seeand maybe optimize my
newsreading to times when the link is fast.. sort off?

	/Andy
--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.

* Re: nntp reading:......
@ 1996-09-23 12:25 ` Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-09-23 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> wrote:

| The nntp reading message is nifty good so you can keep track of whats
| happening, but what happens when the dots extend the length of the
| minibuffer? Would it be possible to print a number instead, and maybe
| a rough estimation of the speed so I can seeand maybe optimize my
| newsreading to times when the link is fast.. sort off?

Doh.. looking at the *Messages* buffer reveals following:

NNTP: Receiving headers... 35%
nntp reading.........
NNTP: Receiving headers... 35%
nntp reading.......... [29 times]
NNTP: Receiving headers... 41%
nntp reading..........
NNTP: Receiving headers... 41%
nntp reading.............. [19 times]
NNTP: Receiving headers... 58%
nntp reading................. [7 times]

Humm?? And I don't see the 'Receiving headers'message, it is
overwritten by nntp reading.. who is trying to send me sublimal
messages??

	/Andy

--

@ 1996-09-23 17:30   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-23 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> Doh.. looking at the *Messages* buffer reveals following:
>
> NNTP: Receiving headers... 35%
> nntp reading.........

The "nntp reading..." thingie is there just for debuggin purposes.
It'll be gone when Red Gnus is released.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: nntp reading:......
@ 1996-09-24  6:13     ` Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-09-24  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

/ Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

| Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:
|
| > Doh.. looking at the *Messages* buffer reveals following:
| >
| > NNTP: Receiving headers... 35%
| > nntp reading.........
|
| The "nntp reading..." thingie is there just for debuggin purposes.
| It'll be gone when Red Gnus is released.

Howzabout a speed gauge? An approximation of the speed of incoming
data/articles?

	/Andy

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-24 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> | The "nntp reading..." thingie is there just for debuggin purposes.
> | It'll be gone when Red Gnus is released.
>
> Howzabout a speed gauge? An approximation of the speed of incoming
> data/articles?

Uhm...  Well, that's a possibility.  Dunno.