* Encryption asking for recipients
@ 2011-02-27 23:51 Michael Piotrowski
From: Michael Piotrowski @ 2011-02-27 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I'm not sure when it started, but it's also in the latest git pull: When
encrypting a message, `mml2015-epg-encrypt' is apparently unable to get
the recipient from the message and prompts for them.

(message-options-get 'mml2015-epg-recipients) returns nil.  For testing,
I inserted

  (message-options-set 'mml2015-epg-recipients
    (message-options-set-recipient))

at the beginning of the function to ensure the recipients variable is
set.  Indeed, I do not get the "Recipients:" prompt anymore; however, I
then get a "pklist.user_id.enter" prompt.  This prompt comes from gpg; I
don't know why it doesn't say "Enter the user ID.  End with an empty
line:" as it does when I call gpg in the shell, but it does indicate
that gpg is called without a recipient.  So it seems that the recipient
is either lost again or not available.

As I haven't seen any reports on this issue, could this be an
XEmacs-only problem again?

Thanks and best regards

--
Dr.-Ing. Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                   <mxp@dynalabs.de>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt> (ID 0x1614A044)

* Re: Encryption asking for recipients
@ 2011-02-28  2:22 ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2011-02-28  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Piotrowski; +Cc: ding

Michael Piotrowski <mxp@dynalabs.de> writes:

> I'm not sure when it started, but it's also in the latest git pull:
> When encrypting a message, `mml2015-epg-encrypt' is apparently unable
> to get the recipient from the message and prompts for them.

I couldn't reproduce this with today's Emacs bzr build.

> (message-options-get 'mml2015-epg-recipients) returns nil.

Yes, it returns nil at the first time, and then it will be set to the
value derived from (message-options-get 'message-recipients).

Could you try to edebug `mml2015-epg-encrypt'?

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: Encryption asking for recipients
@ 2011-02-28 12:48   ` Michael Piotrowski
From: Michael Piotrowski @ 2011-02-28 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2011-02-28, Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> wrote:

> Michael Piotrowski <mxp@dynalabs.de> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure when it started, but it's also in the latest git pull:
>> When encrypting a message, `mml2015-epg-encrypt' is apparently unable
>> to get the recipient from the message and prompts for them.
>
> I couldn't reproduce this with today's Emacs bzr build.

Well, I'm using XEmacs 21.4.22.

>> (message-options-get 'mml2015-epg-recipients) returns nil.
>
> Yes, it returns nil at the first time, and then it will be set to the
> value derived from (message-options-get 'message-recipients).
>
> Could you try to edebug `mml2015-epg-encrypt'?

I'll do this later, right now I've got some work to do :-) What I can
already say, however, is that `recipients' is nil, (message-options-get
'message-recipients) also returns nil, so it prompts for recipents.

Thanks and greetings

--

@ 2011-03-01  0:33   ` Michael Piotrowski
From: Michael Piotrowski @ 2011-03-01  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2011-02-28, Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> wrote:

>> I'm not sure when it started, but it's also in the latest git pull:
>> When encrypting a message, `mml2015-epg-encrypt' is apparently unable
>> to get the recipient from the message and prompts for them.

[...]

> Could you try to edebug `mml2015-epg-encrypt'?

I've found the problem: It's not `mml2015-epg-encrypt' but rather a
change in message.el.

Commit d7f2cb176d4c7dfad075e3914bdde41553ef5a9f makes message-options a
buffer-local variable.  This change essentially breaks encryption on
XEmacs 21.4.22.  I'm all for clean code, but I'd suggest to either
revert this change or make it conditional.

Greetings