* Slight shirt delay
@ 1996-10-25 10:23 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-25 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Due to my cold, I haven't gotten around to finalizing the shirt
design, so I won't be toddling off to the shirt printer until Monday.
If you have any comments or idea about the shirt design, please look
at <URL:http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsi/rgnus/shirt/>.  I'm not sure how
big the Red Gnus legend should be -- I want to keep it fairly small,
but it has to reproduce legibly on the shirts.  I'm no designer.  Have
a peek and criticize away.

Now that the order deadline has been reached, I've done a count.  37
shirts were ordered -- most of them black, with the surprising green
runner-up.  (Then white, yellow and last blue.)  Uhm -- yes, paging
Steinar Bang?  Money ok, but what size and color did you want?

Since I'm not printing them until Monday, I'll be watching my mail box
for stragglers until then, of course.  Has anybody sent money that
hasn't reached me yet?  List of people I've gotten money from can be
found at <URL:http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsi/rgnus/shirt/red-money>.

I think I'll take 2 for myself, or should I take 3?  Which gives us 40
shirts, which is twice as many as I had imagined, and which means that
I make lots and lots and lots of money.  (Well, not quite, but I
didn't mean to make any money whatsoever off of this; I just wanted a
shirt or two.  :-)  Feels all wrong.)

Anyways -- at 50 shirts, the price per shirt falls off 20 NOK, which
means that 45 shirts costs as much as 50 shirts.  So, uhm, should I
print 50 shirts instead?  Printing the final 10 shirts will add NOK400
to the total price, which is a piffling NOK40 (USD6) per shirt.  And I
could just keep them all myself.  :-)  Or flog them off on the black
market.  Well, if I do print the last 10 shirts, I can't charge less
than what y'all have paid for your copies; that would be unfair.  So
I'm all bewildered as to what to do.  I'll never become a proper
money-grubbing capitalist by vacillitating like this...  Drats!

Perhaps I should just print 40 shirts anyway.  Makes life much
simpler.