* Red Gnus requests/questions
@ 1996-10-17 17:39 Eric Hendrickson
From: Eric Hendrickson @ 1996-10-17 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

1.  How can I customize the Subject: header when I forward (S o m) an
    article?  Right now it uses ``[Author "address"] Subject'', I
    would like to be able to change it.  I have searched the docs and
    not found something to do this.

2.  I have found that sometimes Gnus seems to unsubscribe me from
    groups that I have recently read and are now ``empty''.  Has this
    happened to anyone else?  I haven't been able to duplicate it
    consistently, so I'm not sure of what is going on...

Thanks for any pointers!  :)

		--eric
--
The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.
Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

* Re: Red Gnus requests/questions
@ 1996-10-17 19:40 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-17 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Hendrickson <edh@club.med.umn.edu> writes:

> 1.  How can I customize the Subject: header when I forward (S o m) an
>     article?

Here's the standard definition:

(defun message-make-forward-subject ()
  "Return a Subject header suitable for the message in the current buffer."
  (concat "[" (or (message-fetch-field
		   (if (message-news-p) "newsgroups" "from"))
		  "(nowhere)")
	  "] " (or (message-fetch-field "Subject") "")))

Just redefine this function to return a different string.

> 2.  I have found that sometimes Gnus seems to unsubscribe me from
>     groups that I have recently read and are now ``empty''.

I haven't seen this.  How do you discover that the groups are
unsubscribed?