From: David Edmondson <dme@dme.org>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: problems with nnimap
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:58:30 +0100	[thread overview]

* jas@extundo.com [2004-09-16 12:43:35]
> > Is this the way it is supposed to be?
>
> Probably not.  What files are shared between your machines?

No files that gnus modifies itself as part of book-keeping.

> If you share some of Gnus' files, you might have to share all of
> them.  Best is to not share anything, except possibly ~/.emacs and
> ~/.gnus.

That's the situation (i.e. I share only .emacs and .gnus).

> And this isn't just the documented problem with the *Group* buffer
> unread count being an estimate?

No.

On machine A I enter a group, scan the list of articles then quit the
group.  On machine B I enter the same group, delete an article (using
B DEL) and quit.  On machine A I enter the group again and the article
deleted on machine B is still shown.  Attempting to read the article
gives the usual message about it having disappeared.

The only way I've found to get out of this has been to delete the
agent data on machine A.

dme.