From: Wes Hardaker <hardaker@calwest.net>
Cc: "(ding)" <ding@gnus.org>
Subject: Re: Gnus Unplugged syncing
Date: 04 Nov 1997 07:53:19 -0800	[thread overview]

Jon> I just started using Gnus Unplugged, and i must admit it looks
Jon> fairly nifty. There's one thing I'd like to do though, and that's
Jon> to update my remote .newsrc* files at work as well.

Yeah, even if you don't use it in an unplugged mode, but always leave
it plugged in but half the time over, say, a 1200 baud modem (ok, I'm
joking of course), it would be nice to be able to syncronize backends
on both sides through some automatic method.  It's certainly not
possible at slower speed to constantly refer to files on the far side
of a slow modem.

Wes
(in other words, 2 weeks to ISDN).
--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."