* Fixing In-Reply-To problems
@ 1998-01-07 18:48 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1998-01-07 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

So, I've been getting sick of broken threads due to broken mailers
sending different types of In-Reply-To headers.  I've been
thinking...  Couldn't something be done like:

1 Find In-Reply-To header
2 Search for <blah> on the line
3 Check to see if blah is a valid existing reference
  - Yes: use it
  - No: go back to 2 and continue search.
4 none matched, bail as normal and collect into dummy, or whatever the
  default is set to.

Right now, it is just taking a predefined location for the reference
header, which frequently is wrong due to email addresses, etc,
confusing it.  Can't we compare against known existing message ids
before using it?  Just a thought...

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."