From: Wes Hardaker <wjhardaker@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Bug sending messages unplugged
Date: 23 Nov 1998 13:53:09 -0800	[thread overview]

>> Signaling: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
>> lazy-shot-fontify-internal(#<buffer "*sent mail*<2>"> nil nil nil "")
>> lazy-shot-lock-extent(#<destroyed extent> nil)
>> lazy-shot-redisplay-function(#<destroyed extent>)

Colin> This is very weird.  Is this the entire stack trace?  It seems a
Colin> little truncated.

Yes it is, actually.  I get them too.  The odd thing is that I only
get them when sending news, not mail.

Anyway, I think what is happening is that gnus places the articles in
a new buffer (*mail* oddly enough, since its news) and then font lock
is swinging on them after that.  What I'm not sure of is if its
happening before or after the article gets sent.  I think its before
(which is bad) not after (which would be bad for me, because it means
I've sent multiple copies of messages to my newserver because of the
above bug).

I submitted a bug report to Lars, and he said its lazy-shot's fault
and I should submit the bug to that author instead.  I didn't want to
do that until determining the exact "fault" first, since I suspect
they'd say its was Gnus' fault.
--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."