From: jdc@chow.mat.jhu.edu (Dan Christensen)
Subject: Re: scoring down
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 10:42:16 -0500	[thread overview]

> Well I decided to score this author down and did so.  Not sure what I
> expected, but next time I opened the group this same authors posts are
> nicely marked with a Y and showing read, but here they still are.

>From the manual:

Score File Format

   Anyway, if you'd like to dig into it yourself, here's an example:

     (("from"
       ("Lars Ingebrigtsen" -10000)
       ("Per Abrahamsen")
       ("larsi\\|lmi" -50000 nil R))
      ("subject"
       ("Ding is Badd" nil 728373))
      ("xref"
       ("alt.politics" -1000 728372 s))
      ("lines"
       (2 -100 nil <))
      (mark 0)
      (expunge -1000)
      (mark-and-expunge -10)
      (read-only nil)
      (orphan -10)
      (adapt t)
      (files "/hom/larsi/News/gnu.SCORE")
      (exclude-files "all.SCORE")
      (local (gnus-newsgroup-auto-expire t)
             (gnus-summary-make-false-root empty))
      (eval (ding)))

`expunge'
     The value of this entry should be a number.  Any articles with a
     score lower than this number will be removed from the summary
     buffer.

`mark-and-expunge'
     The value of this entry should be a number.  Any articles with a
     score lower than this number will be marked as read and removed
     from the summary buffer.

Dan

--
Dan Christensen