From: Dave Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: How does gnus talk to sendmail
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:12:18 -0500	[thread overview]

The reason is that for all those years, even with sendmail's preferred
place having moved to /usr/sbin (thanks to gdt for reminding me that
the move is older than I remembered last night) /usr/lib/sendmail has
typically been kept as a symbolic link.  That's how it is on all the
systems I see at work (various flavors of RedHat/Fedora, Solaris and
IRIX).  Your upgraded system does not.  I've seen some discussion on
the removal of the link, but can't recall where off hand.  Thanks
again to gdt for reminding me that there's already code to find
sendmail in paths.el, but that is, to my knowledge, only run at build
time.  So you can either set sendmail-program in your .emacs or
recompile.

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net