From: Wes Hardaker <wjhardaker@ucdavis.edu>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Picons
Date: 25 Feb 1998 16:57:31 -0800	[thread overview]

Kim-Minh> When it is `picons' (the default) then the *Picons* buffer
Kim-Minh> only shows the picons for the last loaded message.  If you'd
Kim-Minh> ask me we would just remove this variable and always use the
Kim-Minh> article buffer...

Well, no...  I was designed for maximum customiziblity.  Specifically,
I used to put it in the picons window when I had multiple frames open
while using gnus.  I wanted to maximize the article buffer, and didn't
want them there.  I've since changed, but I think the principal is
still the same.  (I also wanted to make them possibly vertical so you
could have a vertical buffer as well, but, well, thats a bit extreme
(it was originally Lars' idea actually)).

However, I still think the variable should also contain a 'headers
possibility where it hides parts of the headers instead.  Other people
won't like this, since it'll make the headers even taller (with both
the Newsgroups and From lines being 48 pixels high).

Kim-Minh> We could also remove the X-Face display functionnality that
Kim-Minh> is already available with `gnus-article-display-xface'

Definately.  I wrote it as a hack before the current implementation
was done.

Glad to see someone tinkering with it again!

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."