From: Wes Hardaker <wjhardaker@ucdavis.edu>
Cc: bugs@gnus.org (The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys), ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Gnus fails to show some email messages
Date: 26 Mar 1998 07:32:37 -0800	[thread overview]

Hrvoje> I have noticed this happening since some time into Quassia, and it's
Hrvoje> very serious.  It happens on some messages, and not on others.  I have
Hrvoje> no clue how to debug it, and I may be forced to downgrade to Gnus 5.5
Hrvoje> because of this bug.

I've reported this (or something similar) to Lars many a time.  He's
not able to reproduce it, so he can only offer suggestions to me on
tracking it down.  I've never succeeded.  I agree though, its a very
serious bug (there are a few in my opinion, like the agent not
handling a 'g' fetching new articles after a 'J s' and thus doing a
catchup when unplugged will mark all those articles between the 'J s'
and the 'g' as read even though you never even saw them in the summary
buffer).

Typically, when it happens to me it is unmarked though.  IE, I can
have a group with unread articles flagged in it that never show up.  It
appears that your's are appearing as marked (read) and you can't see
them?

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."