* Picons and smileys...
@ 1996-06-18 16:09 Edward J. Sabol
From: Edward J. Sabol @ 1996-06-18 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

All this Gnus development effort going into smileys and picons has me
depressed -- and envious of all you XEmacs users. I really wish RMS or some
Emacs hacker would splice in the XEmacs display code into Emacs soon! Yeah,
yeah, I know: "They're working on it." What's it been two years? More? Ugh.
I'd just switch to XEmacs if I weren't so set in my ways.

Later,
Ed

* Re: Picons and smileys...
@ 1996-06-18 16:34 ` Hallvard B Furuseth
From: Hallvard B Furuseth @ 1996-06-18 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> All this Gnus development effort going into smileys and picons has me
> depressed -- and envious of all you XEmacs users. I really wish RMS or some
> Emacs hacker would splice in the XEmacs display code into Emacs soon!

Sure, when they receive the necessary legal papers from Lucid.  'cept
that Lucid no longer exists.

Regards,

Hallvard

* Re: Picons and smileys...
@ 1996-06-18 18:48 ` Richard Pieri
From: Richard Pieri @ 1996-06-18 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Richard Pieri/Information Services \ When in doubt, cop an attitude. -A cat's
<ratinox@unilab.dfci.harvard.edu>   \ guide to life

* Re: Picons and smileys...
@ 1996-06-19 12:18   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-06-19 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

HBF> Sure, when they receive the necessary legal papers from Lucid.

RMS has all the papers he need.  What he doesn't have is a volunteer
to do the merge.  My guess based on 97% ignorance is that the merge
would take at least 6 month full time work for a skilled programmer
who already knows Emacs pretty well.