prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes: > Harry Putnam wrote: >> prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes: >>> >> >> Paul, I noticed a warning on our pages about skipping versions and >> what it might cause, ^^^ He he... In case you were wondering how your pages got to be our pages, it was thru the magic of typo wizardry. [...] >> but I see no handy way to tell which version is currently in use. >> Nothing in the *.el file to indicate version. > > See the variable nnmaildir-version (which could probably be removed > now, since nnmaildir is now in CVS). Why such a complicated unlikely name... :-) > >> Also maybe a condensed version of the info on our pages as a >> `comments' section. Findable with M-x finder-commentary. > > Ah - is that simply pulled from the comment at the top of the file? I Yes, but there isn't currently a comment section. At least not in the download I got. >> There should be a private message on you incoming spool some where >> with a detailed report, see: > > I haven't seen it. Resend? I guess I'll go ahead and air it here. Maybe someone else will be interested. Excerpted from previously sent message: prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes in mesg-id: Message-ID: [...] > > > But now that we know that nnmaildir-save-mail is being called, I'd say > > we probably don't need to step through it. Instead, debug-on-entry > > nnmaildir-request-accept-article and step through that. (But if the > > debugger never pops up, then that means that nnmaildir-save-mail isn't > > calling nnmaildir-request-accept-article, so we'd need to step through > > nnmaildir-save-mail to find out why.) As you step through, make note > > of the results of the controlling tests of all the "if" and "when" > > calls. > > I collected quite a bunch of data, but thought maybe better to take > this off list. Probably getting a little boring, and too detailed. > Attached is a report from debug-on-entry > nnmaildir-request-accept-article This was compiled before your new version was released, not sure how much may be different now. Just now getting the new version installed. > I recorded the steps (about 45) and `c'ed thru some stuff that looked > repetitious. Hard to know where to stop, seems like it could go on > into infinity. I hope this is enough to figure out something. > > The report starts with a brief description of my setup.