* Cannot get a second server in agent mode....
@ 1997-11-28  8:34 Francois Felix Ingrand
From: Francois Felix Ingrand @ 1997-11-28  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quassia 0.16

I use agent to read news on my main news server, and it works fine.

Yesterday, I wanted to add  new servers on which a few "local" newsgroup are
located (such as news.cict.fr and sunsite.auc.dk).

Went to Server mode, add the news server, nntp+news.cict.fr, toggle agent (J
a), select a few newsgroups, back to Group buffer.

g gets both server news count,
J s gets the article (I can see trace of article being retrieve on both servers)
Jj to unplug
if I try then to read a group from the new news server, I get an error (cannot
open the server...etc).
If I hit g to update my group buffer, the newsgroup from the new server have a
* mark insterad of the number of article...

Where did I go wrong?

BTW, it would be nice if gnus could retrieve news from the various server "in
parallel", not one after each other.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Francois Felix INGRAND     "La guerre, qu'on voit danser le long des golfes

* Re: Cannot get a second server in agent mode....
@ 1997-12-14  9:55 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-12-14  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Francois Felix Ingrand <felix@laas.fr> writes:

> if I try then to read a group from the new news server, I get an
> error (cannot open the server...etc).  If I hit g to update my group
> buffer, the newsgroup from the new server have a * mark insterad of
> the number of article...

It would seem that the Agent doesn't quite believe that those groups
are covered by the Agent, for some reason or other.  What does `G e'
on these groups say?