* nnml not running movemail?
@ 1996-04-12 22:09 Mark Eichin
From: Mark Eichin @ 1996-04-12 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Between last night and tonight, with nothing I can think of having
changed (but then I'm always mucking with elisp, so that doesn't say
much :-) nnml stopped running movemail, and not reading my mail. I can
run movemail by hand, but debug-on-entry shows that nnmail-move-inbox
is never invoked.
(gnus-version)"September Gnus v0.69; nntp 4.0; nnml 1.0; nnfolder 1.0"
(emacs-version)"GNU Emacs 19.30.1 (i486-debian-linux, X toolkit) of Sun Feb 25 1996 on femto"
nnmail-movemail-program"/usr/kerberos/bin/movemail"
gnus-secondary-select-methods((nnml ""))
gnus-select-method(nntp "dumb")

If I hit "g" in the *Group* buffer, I get (culled from the *Messages* buffer):

Reading active file from dumb via nntp...

Reading active file from dumb via nntp...done
Reading active file via nnml...
Reading active file via nnml...done
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Checking new news...
Checking new news...done

I've got a bunch of nnml groups, level 3 (as I said, it worked
yesterday, and for several weeks, through several upgrades of gnus...)
Any suggestions?

* Re: nnml not running movemail?
@ 1996-04-12 22:22 ` Mark Eichin
From: Mark Eichin @ 1996-04-12 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

nevermind. Not sure how it got lost, but adding an
	(setq nnmail-spool-file 'pop)
fixed it. I must have been doing something like that before and lost
track of it. Sorry for the distraction...