* Archive group is not created when it doesn't exist
@ 1996-05-01  6:17 Kees de Bruin
From: Kees de Bruin @ 1996-05-01  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

September Gnus v0.80; nntp 4.0; nnml 1.0
GNU Emacs 19.30.1 (, X toolkit) of Wed Jan  3 1996 on lucca

I use archive groups for my outgoing messages, but all are grouped on a
monthly basis. But when a new (non-existing) archive group is used, this
group is not created. Problem might be that I use the same backend for the
archive groups as for all my mail groups. The relevant part of my .gnus
file is:

(setq gnus-message-archive-method '(nnml "")
      gnus-message-archive-group  (concat "archive.outgoing."
					  (format-time-string "%Y-%m"
					  (current-time)))
      gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml ""))
      )

Is there a way to get this working, or is it a bug/feature of Gnus?

Kind regards,

Kees.

--
 _
| | __   .-. .-.    Kees de Bruin                  Tasking Software BV
| |/ /  _| | | |_
|   (  / _ | | _ \                                   +31-33-4 55 85 84
|_|\_\ \___| |___/  kees_de_bruin@tasking.nl    fax: +31-33-4 55 00 33

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy
                                                      Charlie McCarthy

* Re: Archive group is not created when it doesn't exist
@ 1996-05-01 20:09 ` Mark Eichin
From: Mark Eichin @ 1996-05-01 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Gnus Development

> monthly basis. But when a new (non-existing) archive group is used, this
> group is not created. Problem might be that I use the same backend for the

This may be the same thing I'm having trouble with; if so, try falling
back to 0.78 and see if it starts working. (I create new groups by
adding new patterns to nnmail-split-methods and respooling... which
works in 0.78, fails in 0.79 and 0.80 (0.80 fixed the loading of
nnml.el, but the nnml-active-number still fails to create the group,
like it did in 0.78.) Since there were major deliberate changes in
there, I was hoping they'd just settle down (though I have filed a bug
report anyway, with the details) but if I don't here from a "bug
fixing zombie" soon (or if 0.81 comes out and it's still broken) I'll
take a look at fixing it myself...