Gnus development mailing list
From: Byung-Hee HWANG <soyeomul@doraji.xyz>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: off-topic reputation
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 20:43:45 +0900	[thread overview]

Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> writes:

>>> By the way, DKIM is INTERNET STANDATD -- RFC 6376 [...]
>>
>> [...] So for a while i have to go with both DKIM and SPF
>
> Check out this file ...
>
> #! /bin/zsh
> #
> # this file:
> #   http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/.zsh/mail
> #   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/mail
> #
> # the DMARC issue:
> #   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMARC
> #   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/kL24edUthAOuHuwK3ZnpFkCXduI
> #
> # RFC 7489:
> #   "Domain-based Message Authentication,
> #    Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC)"
> #    <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7489>
> #
> # discussion and commands:
> #   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2019-05/msg00476.html
> #   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2019-05/msg00477.html
> #   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2019-05/msg00481.html
>
> local DMARK_ZOHO=_dmarc.zoho.eu
>
> dig-zoho () {
>     dig $DMARK_ZOHO txt +short
> }
>
> host-zoho () {
>     host -t txt $DMARK_ZOHO
> }
>
> test-zoho () {
>     local server=pop.zoho.com
>     local port=995
>
>     echo "socat"
>     socat - OPENSSL:${server}:${port}
>
>     echo "\nopenssl"
>     openssl s_client -quiet -connect ${server}:${port}
>
>     echo "\ngutls-cli"
>     gnutls-cli --port $port $server
> }

Oh very quickly feedback Emanuel!

After your mail, i did try to install zsh/socat/etc, in Debian 11
Bullseye. Then, with your shell script, i call one func() host-zoho:

#+begin_src text
soyeomul@yw:~/test2$ ./1.zsh
_dmarc.zoho.eu descriptive text "v=DMARC1; p=reject; sp=reject; ..."
#+end_src

so i did understand for long time your mail address injected to Reply-To
header instead From header in Emacs mailing list. I have to study more
about the reputation with both spf and dkim. Anyhow i don't like to add
dmarc record, at least, for now.

At this time, you Emanuel police, me spammer, ho ho ho ^^^

Thanks for using Gnus!

Sincerely, Gnus fan Byung-Hee

--
황병희, 대숲농장