* Searching emails on an IMAP server?
@ 2004-06-03  6:54 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2004-06-03  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've been using different methods of managing my emails over
the years and finally settled for a single archive folder
and then search after what I'm looking for.

I'm currently using Zoe <URL:http://www.zoe.nu> which is ok,
but I lack integration with gnus -- typically I want to
reply or forward messages I've found.

I took a look at nnir.el and got it to work with imap, but
it is oh so slow (and I haven't groked the search interface
-- I can't seem to search for two different words; the
search always seems to use a full string match).

Are there any better options out there? I still want to have
all my emails on the IMAP-server, but I don't mind a local
copy (as with Zoe). I use a GNU/Linux system, and the
IMAP-server is running Exchange.

Niklas